Tuesday, January 10, 2012

INTERVIEW: Bandung Rocks Cililin Shakes: My Interview with PARADISE CORPSE (Cililin, West Java brutal-death) - includes pics of BLOODGUSH show in Cililin, 27/2/11

My interview with Lanz of PARADISE CORPSE (Cililin, West Java, Indonesia brutal death-metal)
"I like all death-metal bands especially bands from Indonesia, for example AUTICED, VENOMED, TURBIDITY, UNDERGOD, DEAD SQUAD, etc. and my favorite metal city in Indonesia is Ujung Berung (Bandung city)" - Lanz PARADISE CORPSE
By Dr Kieran James (University of Southern Queensland)
Email Interview, 21 December 2011

Introduction: First of all apologies to Lanz and the band for the delay in posting this. I had a Christmas holiday break and so everything is delayed. I am very happy to present you with an interview with a band from Cililin, West Java called PARADISE CORPSE. I watched BLOODGUSH headline at a countryside show in Cililin on 27 February 2011 and they have some crazy teenage metal fans there. RESPECT!!!]

Kieran James: Hi, mate. Thanks very much for agree to do interview with our website www.busukwebzine666.blogspot.com. You are the first band we interview from Cililin for this site. “Hello” to all the cool Cililin metal fans reading this! These are the questions:

KJ: First tell us the band history, like when you start and who are the members?

Lanz: OK, I’m going to start to answer your question. PARADISE CORPSE started on 21 January 2010, we have four initial pormasi personnel. They are: me (guitar1), Dendi (guitar2), Iman (drums), and Yogi as vocal. But because of internal problems pormasi our initial [excitement waned and we] dissolved. After [we] think about it we were eager to revive with new personnel pormasi hopefully this time into a solid pormasi.

KJ: What cities have you played shows?

Lanz: I have played at Saguling (Cililin city), Rancaekek city, Elang studio, at Bougenville cafe (Bandung city), etc. but we most commonly played in Saguling.

KJ: Why you like to play death-metal?

Lanz: Because playing death-metal [is] full of challenges.

KJ: How to describe your style and what bands do you like?

Lanz: I think our style is like other teenager metal fan and all death-metal bands are my favorite bands.

KJ: What are your favorite Indonesian bands and favorite metal city in Indonesia?

Lanz: I like all death-metal bands especially bands from Indonesia, for example AUTICED, VENOMED, TURBIDITY, UNDERGOD, DEAD SQUAD, etc. and my favorite metal city in Indonesia is Ujung Berung (Bandung city).

KJ: What are your goals and plans for the band?

Lanz: Planning for my band [and playing] more seriously.

KJ: What jobs do you have outside of metal?

Lanz: I haven’t job other than playing death-metal.

BLOODGUSH at Cililin, 27 Feb 2011 (Glenn vox)
KJ: I saw BLOODGUSH play in Cililin on 27 Feb 2011 in a private house. I went there with Glenn and the band. It was an awesome show; there were around 100 teenager crazy metal fans there in one garage. Did you go this show?

Lanz: Yes I did, I go to this show. There I saw you.

KJ: How is the metal scene in Cililin?

Lanz: The metal scene in Cililin is very dangerous. Many teenager crazy metal fans [are] here.

KJ: Last one: Any message or word for your fans?

Lanz: I just wanna’ say “Thank you so much for all of your support for our band”, that’s all.

KJ: Thanks very much for the interview and I hope to meet you next time I go to West Java.

Lanz: Thanks very much for the interview.


Cililin metalheads, BLOODGUSH show, Cililin, 27/2/11

Nice metal chicks, BLOODGUSH show, Cililin, 27/2/11

BLOODGUSH guys arrive in Cililin, Glenn checks mobile phone!






No comments:

Post a Comment